The first GirlsGetMath@CSU is scheduled for July 11 – 15, 2022.
GirlsGetMath@CSU is a five-day non-residential mathematics program that is open to high schoolers, regardless of gender. Our program is modeled after GirlsGetMath@ICERM at Brown University’s Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics.
- GirlsGetMath occurs in an encouraging and inclusive environment that builds students’ confidence in mathematics and other STEM-related fields
- GirlsGetMath expands participants’ understanding and knowledge of mathematics through computations and experimentations.
- GirlsGetMath provides expert mathematical training and mentoring.
- GirlsGetMath encourages high schoolers to explore topics such as cryptography, the mathematics of voting, image processing, prime numbers and factoring, and fractals.
The goals of the program are:
- to show young adults that the study of mathematics can be exciting, beautiful, and useful
- to build confidence in students’ mathematical knowledge through engaging and expert mathematical instruction
- to provide an affirming environment that introduces high schoolers to a variety of career opportunities in which sophisticated mathematical ability plays a key role
- to emphasize the strategic role mathematics plays for success in STEM careers
- to provide the participants with a support group and expert mentors who are successful undergraduate, graduate students, postdocs, and professionals from the STEM workforce
- to have a positive influence on the way students view their mathematical interest and ability
Jamie Juul (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Liz Arnold (email@example.com)
The faculty organizers will be joined by graduate students who will serve as teaching assistants for the program.
There is no tuition fee for summer 2022.
All applications must be submitted by June 24, 2022
GirlsGetMath@CSU is supported by the MAA Tensor Women and Mathematics Grant and Colorado State University College of Natural Sciences Dean’s Faculty and Staff Success Program.
GirlsGetMath 2022 Application
Applications for 2022 are now closed.